

I haven't written in a while, but this should be the most interesting of them... I'll back track just a tad.
The international dinner was awesome. WOW what a smörgasboard of international foods! Everything from Baklawah to egyptian food to salmon sandwiches from Norway.
So we drank some wine, ate some popcorn balls, and did merry things. It was Kim's birthday, (in my class) from norway so we went to his favorite Stammkneipe to celebrate! that was awesome, and everyone got really drunk. Then we all walked to the favorite club called Zimmer. I ended up getting really bored and really hungry. So Johann and I left for some Dönner ( of course...). So we started play fighting in the patch of grass by the train tracks. Funny idea... the train that was passing thought that he was really "trying" to beat me up. At this point we were on the ground wrestling so the lady stops the train, gets out and demands to know if i needed help. We erupted in laughter and went on our merry way.
The next day was interesting. It was the last VISUM club night. I was a tad more interested this time around i suppose.
apparently I love Tequilla! after about 12-16 shots of tequilla, 4 Screwdrivers, and hours worth of dancing, I was ready to go home. The DJ is my new best friend and whatever I wanted to hear he played it right away!!!!! It was such an awesome night :-) But too much to write about ;-)
The next day was really interesting!
I went into town with Sydney and Ena. and then wandered off on my own.
I noticed that morning that there was an unusually large amount of police out. German police are never out unless something is wrong, and rarely ever are they patrolling the streets.
I walked back to my street and to my room. All of a sudden I hear such a commotion. So I grab my Ipod and running shoes and go out for a "typical run." 2 vital pieces of information here. 1. I did NOT bring my camera like I always do. 2. I live across from the prison.
I start running towards the jail and see hundreds of people. I start listening to what they were talking about and was so interested! They were having a protest! They were protesting that illegal immigrant offenders should be sent back to their country like Iraq or Iran, or turkey, because they were currently being held in the German prison. There were hundreds! And I think every cop in Germany was there. Complete with war attire. Even the horses had on pads! They were armed with assault rifles, and raid shields, and night sticks. They were REALLY intimidating! Paddy wagons lined the streets and the police on foot marched in perfect lines, ready for action. They followed the protesters as they marched around the back of the jail to the front. When "we" ( I followed behind" got to the front of the jail police with shields and HUGE rifles, and snipers hiding in the grass, were lined up protecting the entrance to the jail. All of a sudden some stupid kid starts trouble and all the police jump out of smart cars and jump off horses and chase the rioting protesters away from the prison. They then marched down the street again, ready to go into town and gather support. WOW that was the coolest thing ever!!! But i didn't bring my camera. I have such vivid images of this tho. But it would be nice to show you guys too!
That night Harold invited me to a party... in a castle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I grabbed sydney and we ventured off to Weinheim, where harold met us at the train station (in the kick ass BMW) and took us to his apartment at the base of the mountain. There we drank wine and admired the view from the terrace. OMG step out onto his terrace, look up... and you get the most AMAZING view of the sky, and the castle !!! I want a castle in my backyard!!!! So we drive up to the castle and enter the party. The cobblestone was amazing, the castle was amazing, the music was so awesome!!! and we had such a great time :-) This is the part of Germany that I love most. Screw the towns with shopping and tourist attractions, I like going into the woods and admiring castles, and most of all the view from the top. We get back to Mannheim much later that night and go home. Saw a friend on the tram and we started talking that we both needed to go running the next morning. Little did I know what I was getting myself into....
Met at 12 noon and started off on our run.... Ended up running 4 miles!!!! He had my running all along the Nekar, clear around Ulmenweg, towards the Uni Clinic... which is FAR!!!!!!! and then back around towards Herzogenried. One of these days I will may it out for you. However, it felt AMAZING!!! My body was nice to me today. I think I might be getting over whatever Illnesse(S) I had before. Just in time for classes.
I talked to Jamie, she's not doing well. :-( So i wanted to come home and make things better for her. But she won't let me do that. So now I made a promise to myself, that I will stay here and max it out. for her! Because shes expecting so much from me :-( I will do it all for her.
Tomorrow (today) We leave for Dublin!! I am so excited!
Tis all for now I suppose. I need some sleep before 5 a.m.
Tschuss alle.
No comments:
Post a Comment