I really enjoy sundays because it really trulllllllyyy is a day of rest. Almost everything is closed... (please note I said ALMOS, because you can sure as hell still find dönner). So I got to sleep in today then i helped a friend on the floor move some furniture...into my room :-) She is moving back to Bulgeria forever and gave me all of her things :-) I inherited a bureau and a nightstand with shelves and a full length mirror, along with various pots and pans and dishware. Su∫ !
So Then I FINALLY cleaned and organized and then hoped the number 7 to the lake for the day.
There we played volleyball, schlucked Riesling out of the bottle, and went for a swim. It was fantastic.
Then David, Eric and I went to pizza at this amazing little Itallian place located on Q 14. I had Spaghetti pizza!! It really had spaghetti on it! I can't wait to take Adam to get spaghetti pizza when he comes.
Then I went back here and Skyped for a bit.
After that Sydney came home from her weekend trip to Köhn. We went to Barrios for happy hour (Even though it was 9 p.m.) for amazing frozen drinks. Then I came back here.
But I found out today that Phantom Regiment won DCI, and although I am SUTA excited for them, I'm wicked pissed that I didn't go on tour this summer... that could have been me with a gold medal around my neck :-( and I would have won a gold medal on my age out year :-( :-( :-( That would have been the most outstanding accomplishment of my life... but everything happens for a reason... right?
Thats what i was thinking about this morning... WAYYY before I even heard about Phantom, which is complete Deja Vu. I was thinking about what my Boss Lisa said, that everything bad that happens to you is really preparing you for something even bigger down the road. I've been through so much physically (Tour with Phantom) and emotionally ( Coming here to Germany) That i'm sure whatever lies down the road for me, I will be well prepared to handle.
Thats just the way I look at it.
I have sooo much homework to dooooo!!!!!!!! I love justifying things so here goes:
I went to the bar tonight even though I have homework because I enjoy talking with and meeting new German people. It gives me a chance to talk about things that matter and to speak German, not just practice verb endings on work sheets. So I went to the bar and met 2 new girls who are Davids friends. We talked about German music and movies and politics. German students are really well informed. We also talked about men and hamsters... (Please google that article online!). So it was another good run with German.
But now I am home... wishing I had my boyfriend, and herman here, along with a niced iced coffee.
OHH!!!!!!!!!!! I TAUGHT DAVID EBONICS!!!!!!!!!
Please translate:
Yo shawty Lemme get yo digits so i can holla at you. Can I get a lucy?
Yo man, don't scuff the kicks i'll put a cap in your ass.
Ok so I taught that to David who thought it was terribly funny. and then we used this example in context.
I was walking down to the pizza place today and they were sitting outside. All of a sudden a man on a bike comes up behind me and starts making small talk. He asked me (auf deutsch) If i wanted to get something to eat with him. Then he asked me where I was going, what I was doing, and so forth. All while David and Eric were looking mind you.
So he said something that I didn't understand, so he then guessed by my puzzled look that i was a foreigner.. he then said: I love american women, and food, mostly women.. he asks: when are you leaving Mannheim? I said: TOMORROW. (Thinking he would leave me alone) He says: oh we can do what most americans do then...
I say: what...
he goes: oh what do they call it? Fuck and run?
OHHH MYYYY GOODDD
So I walk over to David and Eric and they ask how long I have known the man on the bike, I mentioned that it was my first time meeting him, and that he just "Holla'd at me"
Ahhh... a lesson in context.
YA VOLL
No comments:
Post a Comment