07 August, 2008

Ein Schnitzel von Deutschland


Hey guys :-)


Things are going much better for me. I really don't think that my teacher likes me... Its because i'm American :-( There are several students from Egypt, Tokyo, norway, korea, Russia, and me... the american, who he thinks is not that intelligent... but we had a different teacher today, and we did wayyyy more work (Which is a plus) and she called on me alot and she chose me to read passages in the text... wtf!!

Anyway. Today was a ground breaking day for me :-) I got to matriculate yesterday (FINALLY) after they sent me across the schloss to another building to get this and that paper (WARNING: TANGENT- Ya know the germans make things very difficult and include alot of red tape... but they are very helpful in making sure you know what to do next...) anyways... So i matriculated and today I got my Official university ID card !!!!!!! I really feel like a student here! But I also feel like a freshman again... what the hell.
I even got a lenyard to feel even more special.

So class was good today, and I got alot of things done... now the last step in the process in registering with the government AND the foreign office (Which are two separate entities (which sucks) because they are two separate processes, with two separate and equally long and painful applications. I got one out of the two done, which was the anmelung... that was the government one... then you have to make an appointment with the foreign office, and I got yelled at!!!!! I spoke German to her because I believe that when in a country with a different language, you should atleast try and learn it... so anyway... she yelled at me because she was talking soo fast and i couldn't understand her all that well... she wasn't speaking Hoch Deutsch thats for sure...
But my appointment is for the 15th (Friday.. and I have to miss the second half of class) but its worth it because I get this cool sticker in my passport that says i'm a resident of Mannheim germany :-)

We went to ikea yesterday and I got the COOLEST fish shaped rug for under my sink :-) and I bought a curtain which fell down during the night because apparently you can't hang curtains with tape... who knew?
And my tapestries fell down too because apparently tape is not the best thing to use when hanging tapestries... who knew??

I made a grilled cheese today for lunch, and it was a sandwhich with a story. because in the store an angry German man was cursing at the blue haired lady that worked the register. So I threw in a "Männer sind Schweine". and that made her laugh.

Tonight we are going to the bar, (even though I have homework..) really tho.. i can still get it done because I speak better wine when I have had some wine... duh

TOMORROW WE ARE GOING TO THE WINERY!!!! I AM SOOOOO EXCITED! I imagine it will be B E A UUUUTIFUL!

then saturday VISUM rented a boat and we are going on a hike... but I think that if I don't go to that there is a festival called Speyer with a kings table (you definately need to read about this!) and then sunday we are going to the lake.. which is awesome because I love playing volleyball, and the water is beautiful.. then back to class on Monday.


Did you know that Adam is coming for thanksgiving break <3. he already got his tickets, and he is bringing stove top stuffing :-* Whats really cool about this years thanksgiving is that we invited all of our closest friends, for instance, trina is from Australia and shes always heard about american thanksgiving but has never been to one, so shes uber excited, and then we have a girl from canada, and various others. This is going to be great! We plan on playing some american football too lol.


I think thats it for now. I need to clean a little before I go out..

ya know. I really think that living on my own this past semester (SHOUT OUT TO AARON, ANTHONY, and the men in my life and on blake street!) has prepared me for this adventure.
All things add up, I believe, and each door that is gone through, then shut behind you, can only lead you to the next door... and when one door slams shut in your face...
kick the damn door down.


oh... and dan... we got tickets for riding ohne Farscheine.... :-( Schadeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: