09 August, 2008

Alter Feuerwache


So i told people that i would name this blog alter feuerwache because it is our favorite stop on the tram line... even though we don't get off there... but we like the way it sounds when the mysterious "lady" says it.

Yesterday we went to the winery which was flippin beautiful. We got to try about 7 different wines which were all amazing. even the red wines, and i don't usually drink wine. I got 2 bottles of riesling... for under 5 euro... how toll is that! The grapes were amazing, and the house itself was built in 1904 and was the most typical german country house n a winding cobblestone road with ivy and flowers... it was pure amazingness (pictures soon)

So we all got drunk at the wine tasting.... then continued back to Steingarten to contine the party.


This morning I woke up late... putzed around and THEN realized that if I wanted to go on the VISUM buddy event today i would have to be at the Hauptbahnhof at 9:30... and the bus stops at my house at 9:23.. I missed the number 60 but made it to the HBF at quarter to 10. we took the train to Heidelberg (WHICH IS SO BEAUTIFUL I NEVER WANTED TO LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and we took an hour and a half boat ride past the city of Hessen to a town called Dilsberg. We then CLIMBED AND SCALED a mountain ( me and patty were the first ones up!) and walked around this city in the mountains. The view from the top was incredible and you could see for miles. We had such a great picnic lunch on top of this mountain, climbed to the top of a tower, and admired the view. Then we walked into a cavern. Vodka was included in the picnic lunch... did I mention that? Along with wine and beer. (Typical German...) Did I mention the beer started at 11 am? auch, typcisch.

After we got back to the mannheim HBF we went to the pennymarkt and all bought meat to cook at the BBQ. Did I mention that more beer, wine, and sangria in a box was purchased?!?!?!? We walked to the Rhine and all had a fantastic BBQ complete with Bocci, a tight rope (which the germans call slack rope) and sangria in a box. The chicken came out to die for and we ate spaghetti ice cream, which is flippin amazing.


Ok... so now were drunk on box sangria and walking on a tight rope... then we head over to the sand bar... with real sand! it really made me miss home. lol. Sat around on beach chairs and had some more drinks.


Thats just the short end of the story. Im a little too .... Tired :-) to tell it all now... but the pictures will most indubitably speak for themselves.


I really need to go to bed now. I will write more in the morning before we venture off to the lake for the day. We decided to bring out Riesling and our homework.
Yea. I love days at the lake!


XOXOXOXOX
Tcshu∫

No comments: