03 August, 2008

A day at the lake


This morning it rained..

But we went to the lake anyway and it proved itself to be a freakin awesome day!!!!!


The lake was fabulous and the water felt so darn good. We all jumped in and lounged on the dock and on the shore.

Then we played volleyball... so this may sound wierd ( and most of you won't believe me) But I am kind of shy...
but I didn't think twice before walking over and playing volleyball. It was awesome and they voted me Mvp for most game play :-) I dove and we almost won. but the tree got in our way.

I met some really cool people today. It's wierd because there are soo many of us, and not everyone goes to all of the activities, so when new people some we don't know who they are. But I met really cool japaneese girls and we ended up getting lost in the city together. They get so excited to hear that i spend time in Manhattan. They plan to visit the city in a year or so and want me to show them around :-)
I made friends with the guys from Denmark :-) And yes... it is not a stereotype, they really are all blond haired with blue eyes and 12 abs... wtf......

Today was lots of fun... but the sucky part was that the dönner stand at the bottom of our stairs was all out of dönner!!! thatsok... I had it last night (this morning) after the club.

I got to watch Kayak polo on the lake which is soo cool!!!!!!!!


Tomorrow I have a German placement test... It places me in a class for the summer academy. I hope I do well.


it really sucks because when i have one glass of wine I speak fluently. Last night a random German guy sat next to us and began to speak to him in perfect Hoch Deutsch.. and he says: wow, your german is excellent, one would have mistaken you for a German... not an american! (compliment in and of itself lol).
anyway. I hope I do well.

I get to open my Deutsche bank account tomorrow and get my uni mannheim Id card :-)

Things are really starting to shape up around here. School is almost in full swing and I am very excited :-)

Wish me luck.

Going to watch wedding crashers with David now. love that movie.


oh and by the way....


hi hermi :-) I looooverrrrr youuuuuuu

No comments: