02 August, 2008

Am anfang...


Last night was über fabulous, and today proved itself to be quite a day.


The mysterious cheque was finally deposited into my account so I can pay rent now and live quite merrily here for the first semester. I really hope this doesn't happen again at the beginning of next semester!!!!!!!!!!

Today was sehr toll, we took a very informative tour of my school and all the places in town that are useful, can I just say that I am in LOVE with LIDA which is the supermarket here. and every Sunday there is a farmers market in the center of the markt platz, with fresh EVERYTHING, and I have never seen flowers this beautiful, and roses that have bloomed so beautifully.
So we took the tour then we wandered down to the RHINE !!!!!! the Rhine flows right behind my school!!!!!!! i can take my lunch to the rhine and read a book! I think that is amazing! So we had a picnic there for a little while, then walked around town and picked up a few things for tomorrow since all the shops, supermarkts, and basically everything is closed on sundays.
Tomorrow we get to spend the day at the lake. (not sure which lake), so we all picked up some Riesling and some awesome turkish bröt, and are going to have a picnic, provided that the weather is nice, aber es sieht wie so regnet aus...


Funny story.
I heard a knock on the door at 6:30 this morning!! and i pretended not to hear it and wanted whoever it was to go away. I thought it was someone else to whom I told that I would show her the laundry room. But it wasnt! It was just syndney who
" Thought I might like to get some breakfast and take a walk" I thought it was hilarious.


So today was good. We had fabulous ice cream and listened to pipe players and i got to see my school. It has sooo many libraries (By the way my school is a huge palace! ) and the courtyard is amazing. What they do is set up chairs and tables outside the cafe in the courtyard at school (You can buy beer at this cafe and drink before class.....) and you can read!
I am so excited to be here.


At first I didn't want to go because I love the comforts of home and its scary to move... um... to a different country which has a language in stark comparison to our own. But it was well worth all the crying and hysterics and late night phone calls home to mom, but everyone has been extremely supportive and I love them for that! Thanks to my family for all the calls and the trips to the bank and worry for, and about me. I wouldn't have been able to do it without them.

I called the bank and told them about my card so they won't freeze it (Yes, mom, you can stop worrying).


Tonight we really are going to celebrate. and we have alot to celebrate and be thankful for.

Here, in germany I found MANY new friends, and people just like me who are willing to do whatever it takes to get the best education, because like me, have a passion for school and meeting new people, and heck, MANY of these people speak SOOOOO MANYYYY LANGUAGES! And its because they like talking to people just like me!
I'm going to have a great time, but its not going to be easy. Im going to get lost, just like any other freshman, and i am going to say wrong things, but its all in good fun.

Now that I am all settled in I can start having a life and enjoying the greater things in life so I can (eventually) come home, build a cute adirondack style house in the woods for daddy, buy mom a trailer for her bike, and maybe an RV so she too, can tour the country. Buy hermi all the pretty red shoes and clothes and books and send her to school in Taiwan or hessen, and buy lisa all the... um... ladybug things that she wants, and I will be a rich lawyer someday?


Jetzt es geht güt. I will worry about it one day at a time.


Tshu∫ leute!

1 comment:

Dan Soneson said...

Aha! I found your blog. I'm glad to hear things are looking up and you LOVE Germany! Keep the observations coming. It's great to read what you are experiencing, especially the little things, like stores closed on Sundays and all.
Hang in there and enjoy the German class. Let us hear how that goes.