So its 3 a.m. and I just had a stalker outside my door. (yea... thats safe). and now theyre trolling with a guitar down the hallway :-)
Why beat. em. join em. Thats what I love about Germany. almost everything is closed on Sundays so even if you wanted to do something. you couldn't. Except when you have a date :-) then thats ok :-)
So I haven't written in a while, things have been quite busy around here. Everyone going on holiday, or getting in the last bit of traveling before the school year begins on Monday. So I'll fill you in.
After the last day of classes we decided to take a trip to IRELAND!!
We flew Ryan air, for under 30 American dollars round trip.. yes kids... Ryan Air is the next best thing to peanut butter.
Except the landings need some work... When a plane lands on its side its never good. Schadee .
We stayed at Jacobs inn, which is a youth hostel. ( My first Hostel ever!) and it was fantastic! It was clean and had the best breakfast of Irish bread everrrrr.
The first day we got there we saw a really cool Jail, and then walked a ton. We saw things such as the St. Patricks Church, which was nice because we also went to a Choral mass there. Then we saw Trinity college, which was amazing! We actually mocked the statue of the provost because he wouldn't allow women in his school; after his death women were admitted and now 52% are female. yay! We saw almost all of what Dublin has to offer in just a few short days. I had my first Crepe which was delich. We went to Temple bar, the most famous bar in Dublin, which was crowded and overpriced. So we decided on a small traditional Irish pub. The bartenders name was Jimmy and the music was beautifully sung. I like small bars better than crowded ones... Other things I got to do: We went to the Guiness factory and at the end everyone got to drink a free pint of Guinness in the sky bar! That was such a great view, Guiness is the smoothest beer i've ever had! We also went to the Jameson factory, I got a certificate because I got to become a certified whiskey tester!!! I now know how to test whiskeys!!!!!!!
The last full day in Dublin we decided to go outside to a town called Howel. It was a small fishing town with amazing seafood, a really amazing view, a drunk dog, a wierd dialect, great small shops, semi-friendly people, brownie mix, and real mayonaise.
By the way... the limit for liquid items to take on Ryan air is 100 ml. so when the security man took Sydneys 120 ml jar of mayonaise she began to cry. He then had 3 girls in his face pleading not to take the mayonaise... he pretended that he never saw it and gave the mayo back to Sydney. That was cool :-) The last night in the Hostel was movie night, a free movie and popcorn! We saw Fools gold. It was nice to speak English for that small bit of time, but surprisingly we wanted to speak German. I think because we weren't under pressure to speak it and thought that practicing it on eachother when no one else around us understood would help... it did.
So I am back in Germany now. Schadee.
I registered for classes. Im taking 4 German classes including a Grammar course, a speaking course, one about doing Business in Germany, a standard German course, and a law course about comparative European Law, which im really excited about. Im debating about whether or not to sit on another law class, i am under no obligation to hand in a (sheine?).
Gillian is here! I picked her up from the Hauptbahnhof with a sign! She is here and we are Lufeling :-) Shes going to stay with me for a while until she finds a wohnung.
Today we went to Heidelberg for the lighting of the Schloss. (Cant think of the German word now- i've been speaking German for most of the day, so now when I lay in bed i give my mind a break and try and speak what little english I can manage. lol).
So anyway. That was a really cool event. The fireworks were grandious, for all of 15 minutes ( i have a great video of them). I finally met Davide, Gillian's old roomate, which I heard so much about! We had AMAZING thai food, I had the duck.... ausgezeichnet.
This morning I went for a run, and helped Almir and the rest of the Tutors paint the party room! he ended up painting me more than the wall! It was super fun! I had a red nose for quite some time, as he had a giant white hand print on his tush :-)
The room looks great now, and ready for the first party of the semester!
Last night we went to the bar... can't remember which ones, I wasn't that drunk... just tired... I remember we went to Diablo.. then O'reillys... but after that... think we went home... think....
For now, I believe thats all. I had a really good name for this blog, but I can't remember... im so tired. Ill ask Gillian, then come back and rename it haha.
Thats all for now kids.
Our feet are the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment