28 September, 2008

Ruhe auf den billigen Plätzen, bitte






So the rest of this weekend was off the chain! This morning I get a call from a strange number so I pick it up and its Swedie! (Johan from Sweden) He was on his way to pick up a car from a friend, realized Ikea was closed (Sunday...duh) so he wanted to know if I would take a walk with him! So we grabbed him and went for a stroll by the wasserturm (It was such a lovely day!) Well the Blümefestival was over so we sat in Starbucks (...how European) for a KaffeStunde! It was awesome because we talked mostly about cultural differences between America and Sweden, and I learned alot!

So then we went to the Mannheim Volksfestival where I ate my first Wurst and we had beer on a rotating bar!! We rode lots of rides and wir haben so viel spaß gemacht! haha. We sung swedish drinking songs and played on top of the Ferris wheel. Overall today was quite a relaxing day... Gillian, Hazel, Sydney, Johan, Knut and I had a lovely time full of pee in your pants kinds of jokes and lots of fun.

Now let me tell you about the Abenteuer...

We took out the trash today... That was about a ONE HOUR process, and NOT the abenteuer I was hoping to have today.
I made gloves out of newspaper and hairtyes and made a mask of Pashmina. Gillian and Sydney were equally as disgusted as I was with this. There was bugs everywhere and we cleaned it all up. We even took the glass down the street to the receptacle. It was horrible. We hate cleaning up messes that aren't ours. But now the kitchen is clean again.

So i've got that bad about myself feeling again. I hope tomorrow, that I will be productive and get shit done so I can feel better about myself. Lets keep our fingers crossed. I have so much work to do! Most of it is reading, I just want to sit somewhere quite without being distracted by life and be completely engrossed with legal material and German grammar... no... i'm not even kidding... then I need to go running. I need to keep myself on task. I've started with the rewards system. (shoutout to my comrade!) because it seems to work quite well....

Lets hope.

No comments: