This weekend has been quite awesome :-) I didn't have class Thursday because my professor if off in an OECD country fighting world hunger... (wow.) So... Sydney, Gillian and I went to Hidelberg to celebrate Davide's birthday! We went to the movies (my first German movie! ) and saw Walle... SOOO GOOD! And then we went to Cafe Ellen where Davide works, had some cake and beer. Then (the way home is always an adventure) then we made it home lol...
Friday was also quite interesting... We spend most of the day at IKEA.... (common now...how can you NOT?!) I can get lost there... anyway.. that was a trip in and of itself... but we finally got back.. ( I bought an aloe vera plant! ) and Gillian took a nap... well Erica, sydney, Gillian and I ended up chilling out in my room for a while... 11:30 rolled around and I went to go see my boyfriend Almir on the 4th floor... well there was no discussion... he demanded that I be at the party at B7... ok.. well I walked up to Sydneys room and said : ....Its 12... do you want to go to a party?? and she said yes :-) within 10 minutes we were dressed and walking out the door to a Party at B7...which was AWESOME!!!!!
Today we woke up semi-early lateish... and headed to heidelberg. We saw Gillians AWESOME zwischenmeter and then we went to the Heidelberger herbst. This was such an awesome festival to go to !!! Both Mannheim and Heidelberg are beautiful places in the fall I wish you all could see them!!! With the rolling hills and castles in the background, it surely is such a majestic sight. Thankfully the weather has been nice to us... with only a cool breeze and some blowing leaves and bright sun, Germany is a great place in the fall.
So we walked around and I ate some traditional potato pancakes with applesauce.. the girls got the knob sauce :-) We listened to some music and explored the city.. we then headed on our next adventure for the day!
HAROLDS HAUSE!
Harold is my friend from the army whom i met at the bar through another friend. Harold lives in Weinheim, right below the castle. So we hoped on the train to Weinheim for a dinner party at Harolds! Harolds dad is in town for 2 months and was going to be cooking traditional Thai food for us :-) That was awesome! His dad owns several restaurants in Thailand so he loves to cook. Let me tell you, i've never had traditional-traditional thai food before, this was out of this world good!!! It was just spicy enough, and the thai beer went so well with it. So overall it was an awesome night. Oh, and we owe Harold a big one because he got us real Mayo from the army base!!! He's also going to secure us a Turkey for our thanksgiving feast :-)
Tomorrow we are going to the Mannheim flower festival by the Wasserturm, then going to the Mannheim Volksfest, which is conveniently one street away from where I live! The rides look awesome, and I can smell the wurst from my apartment!
Next week is also going to be soo cool! We are going to Oktoberfest on Friday, then We are staying in Stuttgart that night with a friend so we can go to the Stuttgart festival! This festival is also said to be one of the largest!!! so excited!
The week after that I leave for ITALY!!!!!!!! Ashley and I are going to see Rome and Tuscany :-) I've never been to Italy before!!!!!
Ti amo!
Then the week after that I am spending 3 days with VISUM in BERLIN!!! I hope I get to see the East Gallery! I did a presentation on that for Prof. Dombrowskis class and it looked so interesting.
So it seems like I have my plans all set! There is soo much to see and do!!!! But yes... I am still studying and doing what I am here to do... learning right ;-) ?
27 September, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment