

I usually say that I should update the blog daily... because ALOT happens here in one day... but its been exactly one week and ALOT went on!!!
Since we spoke last I had just went on the pub crawl...and schnekenhof etc etc.
Well...hungover as we were we got up one beautiful saturday morning and went painting!!!! oh my gosh what an amazing day that was!!! we were all pretty pissed that we had to be up so early but let me tell you... doing something good for someone else makes you feel good too! (mentally and physically lol)
So the name of the day was "wir Schaffen was" ich bin dabei!!!
we painted a really old run-down sports hall in the middle of no-where!!! and it was all for a good cause! We split up into teams...Hazel, Gillian, Swedie aka. Johan and me. We made the best painting team ever! Schnoox, schatz, snappi, and swedie! (the best looking, and the most fun painting team too!) we managed to paint our room, paint eachother, sing and dance, and drink coffee and we managed to finish our rooms before everyone else! we finished so early that we had time to paint another room! and in that room we had a blast too!!!!!!
(pictures to follow :-) )Overall I met some really amazing people, and had a really awesome day :-)
WIR SCHAFFEN WAS!!! ICH BIN DABEI!
So after we volunteered we returned to the hauptbahnhof with paint all over us, faces, etc, etc. ;-) and then we all rewarded ourselves with a beer :-) after a hard days work.
So we went home and Gillian and I made some more Maultaschen... ADDICTED!!!!! and we mix it with Freekadellen and peppers (spelling?!?!). It was delicsch.
So.. because i'm an exchange student I got a ticket to the Uni Mannheims annual Schloss fest... for free!
Let me tell you about the schloss fest...
every year students, faculty, and anyone who cares, gets realllyyyyyy dressed up and comes to the school. its like an open house. And the choirs perform in Ehrenhof (Huge courtyard directly infront of the school) and then orchestras of all sorts play in different wings of the castle. The most beautiful parts of the castle are opened up for this event so I got to see the greatest parts of it.
To add a tangent story. I was on facebook while Gillian and I were making food that night.. and I suddenly get a wierd message from some random (but beautiful) guy... he commented on my status which merely said: (making maultaschen...then maybe some schloss fest). Ok... so he commented that my dinner sounded excellent and I should go to the schloss fest... well. we started sending messages back and forth and before you knew it we were talking about this great bar in NYC that we had both been to and how we should meet at the schloss fest for a glass of wine :-)
So i got dressed in my best and headed down to the festival. IT WAS AMAZING!
I first went to the HoorSaal and listened to the greatest sounded university orchestra who played a nice waltz... I have never seen so may beautiful couples dancing so well before!!!! The ladies moved gracefully across the floor and the guys... who knew guys could dance like that?!?!?! (video to be posted of the orchestra)
I then had a glass of wine with David and some other friends (shoutout to David who looked amazing in his suit! and the other david too, who I had painted on earlier that morning)... so within the span of a day I had met some great people who I then got to celebrate with at the schloss fest. how cool is that!! Then we went and listened to some jazz in one of the other rooms, then after the festivites were over (by the way... I was escorted around for the most part with my facebook stalker... but then the girls and I ditched him because he was a stuffy, yet extremelyyyyyyyyyyyy handsome man.
So we went to the catacombs for a dance party!!! then the rest is history :-)
Ok... so classes are going AMAZINGLY!!!!!! I know all the answers to the questions!! But the teachers yell at me because I whisper answers, even though they are right... because I hate talking in class... but they are thrilled that I can speak awesome english, understand the legal texts, and know what the hell the text really means... awesomeeeeeeeee
The german classes are going quite well... I speak German all the time when I go out, and with people who I live with
and they all go: Wow, your German is so good! and I smile :-)
OHH! THE WINE FESTIVAL!!!!! (link to follow :-) )
We all went to the wine festival Thats why we were hung over when we had to go paint!!! ( i was thinking to myself.... i don't remember whyyy I was hungover)
So we went to the biggest wine festival in the world and it was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!
We sat in a cool tent and drank riesling from pint glasses....
and listened to cool music...
and ate some wurst....
and rode on rides....
it was like a big country fair.....
and then this middle aged couple sitting at the table across from me called me over. and I sat down (german of course) and they were telling me about their son... and they said: we would love to have you as our daughter in law! (this could only happen to me...) and I was like ... ok!
So they gave me their sons name and I found him on Studivz (german facebook) and we have been talking eversince!!! He is a musician ( I a dancer.) His major is VWL (that was my undergrad) and I am BWL :-) hes a cool kid. and he lives in Heidelberg which is all of 20 mintues away... and hes a looker too :-)
Ok... so Tuesday eventually rolls around and we had this great event called Running dinner. Cool event!
Its where you team up with one person and you are assigned a certain course (in a 3 course meal) and you have to prepare it for 2 other teams... then you leave that house and go to another teams place to eat the other course, and so forth.
BUUUTTT since we didn't register in time, it turned out being me and sydney making maultaschen, going with TJ and peter, and 2 other german girls to a nice apartment and having dinner together :-) Hazel and tj made the best taco dip everrrrr and then the norwegs made the best Tiramasu. Then we had wine (natürlich) and then Polish vodka that tasted like apple strudel and it was SOOO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!
Then after we had a great meal we traveled across town to another friends apartment (more norwegans... hahahahaa) and sat on the roof and had strawberry marguritas and some more wine!
Then after that we trucked down to Zimmer for American night! and dance to really bad english techno and some hip hop.
Then I came home and slept :-)
That leads me to today where school was fantastic!!! now. It may seem like I party alot... but I do SO many other things here! I run up and down the Nekar almost daily (THE NEKAR IS NOT SHORT!!) all the way down to Luisenpark (so schön!) and then I also read and study law... because unlike learning Economics at home...where I have to have my head stuck in a book learning graphs that I don't care about and theories that are going to changed anyway... I LIKE law, and everything that I learned about Economics pertains to what I read about and learn about in my Law classes. I think thats why I have an advantage in my classes, its because I can apply what I already know about law and business and use it.
Ok... and the English helps too.
But a bit of sad news... Gillian moved out :-( She found her own Wohnung but that means that I have 2 houses now!!! But it was nice having her here... she protected me from Vlad the intruder and toaster girl.
We watched 90210 together :-) and held eachothers hair when we were hugging the porclain bowl :-) Those were moments.
Tomorrow is Davides birthday and we are going to go see Wally, then go for drinks.
I think thats all for now :-) pictures and links and movies for everyone!!!
OH AND THE BEST NEWS: I AM GOING TO ITALY (ROME AND TUSCANY!!!!!!) JA WOHL!!!! and OKTOBERFEST IS SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!! JAAAAA WOHLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment