02 December, 2008

Shake your teather fail- and I'll have an Eternal bliss straight up with a shot of pure neuroticism

I was talking to a good friend today and he told me a story that really made me think. He asked me to write about what I thought.

You think you know someone and it turns out you really didn't know them at all. You can spend your whole life learning about someone, but it turns out that they're really not who they say they are. The mind and body are two separate entities. Most peoples behaviors are determined by actions and motivations deep within. Thats why the balance between a healthy mind and a healthy body are very important. The ability of people to metamorph into a completely different person is incredible, which surprises those around them. The phrase "but i never saw it coming," is not really naivety at all its sheer obliviousness. Didn't you see the signs? We all ignore the warnings, we are all wrapped up in commercialism, expensive gym memberships, fancy clothes and tricked out cars. The transition from the life of commodities to a life of simplicity is never an easy one, but ridding yourself of tangible objects will improve the mind greatly. Exercising the mind as well as the body is the most important thing you can invest in. Without all these *things* around you to mask the unhappiness, warning signs can be more easily detected and treated.

To those that don't know I can't really explain, but to those who do: This is my answer.

I think a vacation is needed, but not to a fancy country with a nice hostel bed. But a vacation to the Heimatland. aka the U.S.A
I can't wait to go home and see my family. It sucks for those people who don't get to go home for the holidays, but i could never stay away that long. Holidays are for family time. Plus, its my birthday :-) Its not that I don't like Germany for what it is. The Germans are happy .... 12 days out of the year. Too drunk to enjoy the other 353. It is never sunny, and It is always dreary and sad. Sydney got yelled at for coughing in a shop yesterday.. that should tell you something. I was thinking maybe it was just us that had the bad luck with the Germans, but even the Germans at school agree that this is a weird semester for everyone... they said that normally exchange students have the times of their lives, but this semester is different and people can't wait to take a one way ticket out of here. Yet, they can't offer an explanation as to why.... Strange

This weekend started off as a honeymoon that I never wanted to end. I can't offer much more to the story, but lets say that i found myself in a whirlwind of unnecessary-ness. I shouldn't really be dealing with this. But as most people say, You put yourself in these situations. I can honestly say, despite preceded warning... I never saw this one coming. I'm not a hypocrite, I might be naive... whatever the antecedents-Depression and heartbrokenness are the results. It sucks to say that the person there for me most while I was here is gone now. Don't know if he'll ever be back. This new years I vow that the resolutions should be to tame the mind and the body. Putting mental health on the top list of priorities, and trying to stop masking what's behind the mirror.

No comments: