With all the hustle and bustle of life, I almost forgot to write about the American's first Thanksgiving in Germany!
Since the beginning of time... ok, Summer Academy, we were talking about how great this Thanksgiving is going to be. Yes, indeed. And some party it was!
Complete with Stove Top stuffing and Turkey that was cooked to Golden Brown Perfection. Oh yes. Our families will be proud one day. The homemade mashed potatoes were cooked to a fantastic consistency, and the homemade apple pie melted in your mouth, with just the right sized scoop of ice cream. It kind of made me want to jump a banana boat back to the U.s.
George was here spending the Thanksgiving Weekend with me.. I can't believe it was only last week! Getting all the American's together was fun. We got to speak English! Teach a swedish how to play flip cup, and even got in a game or two of beer pong. American beer games are sooooo fun! But the Europeans don't play with their food...
Overall, I think the pictures speak for themselves.
The day after we got to go ice skating infront of the Schwetzingen Castle. That was awesome! I had never ice skated before (only with shoes... but I have rollerbladed before. Psh Ice skating? piece of cake!
At the end of the few hours ice skating I was doing pirouettes and tricks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only time I fell ( I only fell twice) Was because I was trying a new trick!!! Ice skating is so much fun that I can't wait to go again!!!!!!
Pictures also to follow.
The best part about the winters here is the Glühwine... Its hot apple cider.. but its wine!
I love the holidays <3
By the way GLoria! You did NOT warn me that we would have to take out the neck of the turkey! That was not in my life manual.....
No comments:
Post a Comment