


Well lets see... a lot can happen in a week... I won't bore you with the nitty gritty details... I'll just tell you the fun stuff :-)
Since we spoke last classes were just beginning.
I LOVE THEM!!!!
Im taking:
Allgemeiner Sprachkurs
Grammatik
Mündliche Kommunikation
Doing business in Germany
International comparative law
Business Law in comparative perspective.
They are soo much fun! It's alot of work!!! and ALOT of reading and alone study time.. but I think I like that better than hours in the classroom talking nonsense and doing assignments. I personally prefer personal research and then coming together once a week and hashing out the details.
So the university has parties which they call Schnekenhof. Schnekenhof really means snail... but its the quad inbetween the lecture halls. Wine tent, beer tent, 1 euro shots, Dj's, a nice stage, TONS of people, strobe lights.. i mean, this party is all out! Well.. I went to Schnekenhof and it was awesome! It was 90's night so we got to sing barbie girl and other throw backs :-)
Another cultural ding which I would like to share with you is VISUMs semesterly pub crawl. So we lined up outside the VISUM headquarters, prepared for a night of drunk debauchery, 5 beers, 5 shots (ended up being more) and a nice game of capture the flag. With over 200 people participating in 4 colored teams (representing yellow!) this event was sure to be the hit of the semester (and it was!!!!) i met some pretty damn awesome people!!!!!!
Well it first started with some warm ups.. literally... vodka red bull... then we trekked down the street to flic flac, the first bar... downed the beer and then took our shot... ok.... well you get the jist. There was alot of yelling and chanting amongst the teams... then we managed to steal the blue teams flag... guess who they put in charge of carrying and protecting it with pride?? ME!!! I carried that flag like it was my job! We all ended up at the brokers inn together where it got a little tricky... I ended up with beer on my head, scratches on my wrists, im sure david was equally as hurt LOL... as you can probably tell they tried to get the blue teams flag away from me... didn't work so well... we ended up stumbling out the front door of the bar where members from both the blue, red team (davids team- thats the catch) and the yellow team were waiting. Once they saw the struggle immediately came to my, and David's rescue... Do you recall upon a certain west side story?? Yea... it was great... so you had kids rumbling in the street over flags. We ended up with broken sticks (flag poles)... but the best part was when someone got tired of fighting we took shots together! On our journeys we also played games like pass the apple. It was such a great night :-) Then we each got a coupon for free dönner from City dönner. I'm not really a big fan.. but this was the best one i've ever had in my life..... After the bar we all ended up at Zimmer. Together.. everyone friends again, ready to have some beers and dance off the toxins. It was a wonderful night :-)
So I get this email (wont mention names) Gloria. and it was talking about my drinking habits in Germany. Yes, I love to go out with friends and have a glass of wine. I don't get wasted everynight of my life. We had this discussion a while back. When I flunk out of school, have a child, start abusing drugs, and get soo fat from drinking... then you may comment. I understand you're only looking out for me, however, I'm a big girl... I've gotten this far without fucking up. I survived the first month (yes... the hardest month) of living in a foreign country alone.. im sure I can control what I put in my body, and when, for recreational purposes. Not to harp on it... but drinking is a pretty big part of culture here in Germany. Did I mention that Oktoberfest is this weekend!!!!!!!!!
JA WOHL!!!!
Saturday I am volunteering painting a school sports hall so kids have a nice place to play....
Was Noch... Gillian is still here and we protect eachother from Vlad the intruder.
I can't believe the month is almost over...
I need to look back at the pictures and see what i've been doing the past week so I can fill you in...
Oh. I haven't heard from Dan my advisor in a while... if you're out there Dan I'm doing just fine!! And i heard you need help in the lab... hire my sister!
Ja know... I'm not just learning the German language... or about business and the law... I'm learning ALOT about myself and what I want to do with my life... this is what this experience is for...
oh... and we won't talk about that darn tuesday night.
3 comments:
Send your sister over, but the slots are filling up...
BTW, alcohol is more available in Europe than in the US, particularly since there is no effective age requirement. But precisely because of the non-restrictive treatment of alcohol, there is less tendency in Europe to go hog-wild and abuse it as there is in the US...
Dear Dan:
THANK YOU!! I've been using that "no age restriction=no big deal" mantra for years..
Stupid stereotypes! I am NOT a whiskey-chuggin', jig-reelin', folk singin' Irish girl...
um, well... you see... what had happened was...
Post a Comment