The ReD shoe affair:
January 3, 2009
Lisa and Gregs Wedding.
The wedding was beautiful! After all the stress that Lisa and greg went through, the wedding was beautiful, and everything that they hoped it would be. The ceremony was only about 20 minutes, she was crying walking down the isle, and greg said that he took lisa to be his lawfully wedded husband. hehe. Jamie and i couldn't stop snickering so taryn had to elbow us :-)
The reception itself was such a blast! The Waterview was luxurious, the music was great and we all looked amazzzzinnnggggg!!!!!
The food was delicious, I had the swordfish. The martini bar was set up in the corner and specialized in sweet martinis ;-) And the open bar was hehehe the greatest. It was soo much fun to dance with my family and kick back and celebrate like we all love to do.
Jamie and I had to give the speech to lisa (we knew this, but didn't have anything prepared) but we got up there and told the story.... of the red shoe. (which lisa was also wearing under her wedding dress).
The story of the red shoe is this.
A looong time ago I promised my best friends that when I get married I would still vow to be one of the girls. I vow that I will still have my freedom, passion and love of life that I have now, and will always have. Red shoes are a symbol for life and spirituality and freedom. What does the red shoe mean to you?

Everyone loved the outfits, everyone ADORED the red shoes, yet no one knew what it meant. After the speech they understood, I can't tell you how many woman took pictures of my shoes lol. I wore my black fidora hat with the red ribbon at the reception and Gary had his black fidora hat too we looked smashing together. Overall it went as any wedding and reception should go. Lots of crying and laughing. Tons of drinking and dancing. LOTS of FOOD! The best part!!!!! At weddings it it common to give a small favor to the guests to thank them for coming. Well. I look to the side of the room, and there was our favors... A candy bar! It looked like Willy Wonkas candy shop!!!!!!!! Everyone got red bags and got to fill them with candy from the candy bar! I'm talking bags of M&Ms, Milkyways, gum drops, snickers, reeses, it was amazing... It was like Halloween....
Gotta give props to Lisa for throwing such a killer wedding. I can't wait till my wedding!!!!!
Lisa is also a doll because shes letting me borrow her car while shes away on her cruise till next Sunday :-) It saves me some money, I'm still going to have to rent a car while i'm home because i'd like to work, but this is nice because its not costing me anything, man, I love freedom.
I'm getting depressed because i'm thinking about moving back to Mannheim. I like Germany, its beautiful and all, but I love America, seeing my friends and Daddy, and spending time at home.
Happy 2009!

Thats my Family!!!

Thats me, Daddy and herman <3
No comments:
Post a Comment