Halloween finally rolled around and let me tell you what I did!
We all thought it would be super cool to go to Frankensteins castle for Halloween! Apparently it's really popular because everyone in Germany decided to go. Halloween in Germany is a relatively new thing for them... but they did quite well.
Frankensteins castle is in Darmstadt. It was only about an hour away from us, and in a different state.
Brian, Sydney and I decided to go, even though others thought it was corny, they saw the pictures after and envied us!
The castle itself was kinda spooky, it even sprinkled rain a little. It set the mood for eery thats for sure.
We waited in line for a while because everyone was there. But it was worth it. There wasn't much to do, persay. We missed all the shows but we still got to walk around the castle grounds ( at 11 at night) and see all the set ups and scary people that tried to scare us. I thought it was hilarious. So... thats it.. sorry I don't have some crazy stories to tell. but really it was very cool. They even played the monster mash.
The next day VISUM had a breakfast and movie planned for 11. well... it was a long night for us. but we decided to go in our pajamas to the event. The breakfast was great, but then we realized that the movie that was *supposed* to have subtitles, didn't. and the movie.. was all in french. So instead we went home and.... slept.
Until that night... hehe the story you've all been waiting for.
DEM FRANCHIZE BOYS CONCERT!!!!!!!
This was the concert i had been waiting for since I saw it advertised on the website. It was at the Orange club, which is in Mannheim (BOONDOCKS MANNHEIM) . For those that don't know Dem Franchize Boys come from Atlanta and (lean wit it rock wit it). So we thought it would be cool to see in Germany. Before we left, sydney and I made signs...
My sign said: I'M REPPIN NYC and hers said: MIAMI U REPRESENT. We figured if they saw our American signs we would be more likely to see them.
So we get to the club rather early and got riiiight up front :-) ... (skipping an hour) Time for the concert!!! Well they started singing. and it wasn't a very large stage so we were righttttt there. I held up my signs and sure enough he read my sign... SMILED... reached out..grabbed my hand... and wouldn't let go!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 Buddie!
The rest of the concert was good... however we didn't stay that long. The guys started getting rowdy and all the girls were like... Have you ever heard ...germans....speak ghetto? I couldn't help but burst out laughing. overall the evening was quite good. They even had Gin and juice advertised.
So the trip home was eventful... Apparently there was 3 hours before the train came and we were in the middle of NOWHERE! So we decided to walk the train track to the other haltestelle because that one came earlier....well.. we walked along the train tracks in the ghetto (don't tell mama) realized that we were wrong.. and walked back. Well... at the train stop we had to sit next to bag lady. I wish I had a picture of bag lady. This lady was wearing a jacket that went whooshwhoosh when she moved. hehe and she REEKED OF ALCOHOL. She had consumed so much alcohol that I felt drunk, and I felt like I would have a hangover. She kept running out into the middle of the street to try and hitchhike. well it didn't work for her. Finally bag lady got a taxi before us! A taxi finally called us over and offered us to take us home for 6 Euro.. thats really all we had so ... we took it.
Got home. and the rest is history.
So im on this great diet and i go running everyday!!! I ran 3 miles yesterday and it felt great!!!!! Tomorrow is another running day. I alternate.
so this election eh?? STOP, BARACK, AND ROLL OUT MCCAIN! Its time for change!!!!!
Seriously.. I have nothing else really to write. I've had a hard last few days because of studying for finals and learning German, and then combining the two... but this weekend should be quite interesting :-) Enjoy the pictures !
No comments:
Post a Comment